Friday, May 13, 2011

Parent Teacher Conference

I was finally able to meet with Kenidi's teachers Mrs. Rachel and Mrs. Tina. I have been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to finally get updated in how Kenidi has been doing. I had a wonderful visit for about 30 minutes, they said that Kenidi has a wonderful time in class and that she blends right into the Montessori program. She has recently really taken off with her reading and has had a easy time learning Math. They said that she catches on really quickly and has an easy time comprehending certain things they teach her. She is alot like me when it comes to her tendency to stay in her own little comfort zone. The Montessori program is very much a learn at your own pace program so she doesn't typically make a whole lot of good academic choices without someone suggesting it. She has a tendency to want to do more of the arts and crafts. She is definitely one of those that will need a push, but once you get her going she will not stop and she has it made up in her mind that she is going to do it perfectly. They said that Kenidi has a lot of friends and that she is loved by all!! It was kinda funny because when I went to her "Show Me Night" at the school, I was bombarded by several of the mothers of the children in her class who said that their son or Daughter is always requesting that they dont have Peanut Butter in their lunch because they wanted to sit next to Kenidi at lunch that day. I thought that was too cute!!! I love Kenidi's teachers, and I lover her school!! I sometimes wonder how anyone can learn without having a hands on format and that is what I really love about Kenidi's school.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Kenidi!! We are so proud of her! Sounds like her school is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete