Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Good Bye Harley

Where do I begin?? I got a call from Jennifer Singleton last night and had a conversation for about 30 minutes. She said that Harley's Dr apt didn't go well, he had lost two pounds but that didn't seem to make a difference with his eyes. His eyes have been causing a lot of pain and even the pain meds haven't been helping all that much. He wasn't able to sleep for several nights since his eyes were so swollen and bulging he couldn't even close his eyes all the way. The Vet said that he has Glaucoma and that the cause is unknown, their only recommendation was to remove both of his eyes. Unfortunately it would have cost anywhere from 1400-2300 to get them out!! We were not going to make any quick decision and Jenny couldn't afford it. I made several calls to different Animal Hospitals and found that just about everyone charges about the same. We knew that whatever we did we needed to do it soon because he was in a lot of pain. The thing that worried me was that even if we did remove the eyes he could still have a much bigger problem that the blood work wasn't picking up, like Cancer! I wish I had all the money in the world and could have done whatever it took to make him better. We met up at pet smart at 5 pm today and said our goodbyes to Harley. He was such a good little dog and we all have a lot of fond memories of him, he will forever be in our hearts. I never knew that I could love a dog as much as I love him!! We love you Harley and look forward to the time that we will be able to see you again.




























3 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet little Harley. I'm sorry Sherra. It is so hard to loose a pet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Sherra! I can't even imagine how hard that must have been for you and your kids. Take comfort in knowing that he doesn't hurt anymore.

    "Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow."

    I love you, Sherra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sherra, that is sooooo sad. What did Adam think about all of this? I bet it was hard for him to not say good bye.
    Hope your spirits are lifted soon.
    Sending lots of love and kisses.:)
    Kristy and fam

    ReplyDelete