Thursday, February 18, 2010

NEVER ENDING PLAGUE OF SICKNESS!

My poor little Kenidi is sick! She started getting sick on Saturday. Her first symptoms were itchy throat, which is exactly how all of her illnesses begin. My first thought was that she was starting to get allergies, and with the season changing into spring it made perfect sense. By sunday she was coughing and had a low grade fever. Come Monday she seemed to be doing better. she was playing with kaden, her fever seemed to be going down. Tuesday she acted fine, then right around five in the evening she seemed to be getting worse, she looked pale, lethargic, and just plain miserable. Her fever was back up again, so we gave her some medicine. I finally put her to bed, and that is when she started coughing even more (They were deep coughs and very frequent about every minute) So I asked my dad if he could give her a blessing, after that she seemed to do a little better & I certainly had more of a calm peacful feeling. It was nice to know that while Adam is away we can still recieve the blessings of the priesthood. Wednesday she was very lethargic, sleeping all day, had a low grade fever, which eventually climbed up to 102.9! I felt like we had been through this exact same thing before, It seems like this is how all of her illnesses are..... they start with a mild itchy throat and then days later progress into something huge!! So come wednesday evening, my mom gets home and says that she could have Pneumonia. I listened to her chest and noticed some wheezing. It was about 7pm at that time which was when I finally made the decision to take her in and since Gilbert Pediatrics has Twilight hours, I decide it would be for the best. They got her in right away, the doctor listened to her chest and lungs and determined that she did in fact have Pneumonia!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing, then I started to think back to all the times she has been sick in the past, they have all been like this where she is sick for days on end high fever and coughing. She wrote up a perscription for her and sent us on out way. Once I got into the car I couldn't help but break down, and as the tears started to roll all I could think about was how terribble of a Mother I am. I knew I should have taken her in sooner, I even had an appointment scheduled for her on Monday but canceled it because I thought she was getting better. We went to Walgreens to pick up her perscription. While driving there I just kept racking my brain, why is she always so sick? I am so worried about her, she is cronically ill- every few weeks to a month, why? I felt Anger as I thought to myself how much she has missed out on being a kid because her illnesses run her life, we are constantly keeping her home from church, She still has not had the opportunity to go to playgroups and make new friends everytime we do she ends up sick :( It is so draining on me as well to have to see her go through it, and for such long durations. I am thankful that we have health insurance so we can finally get to the bottom of this, I have a feeling we are going to be at the doctor a lot more now. I already have an appointment for Friday, and I am going to talk to them about getting some blood work done for her, since that is what the doctor last night suggested we do. All we can do for now is have faith that she will one day be healthy. It is sometimes easier said than done, especially when all you feel is discouraged. :(

1 comment:

  1. Poor Kenidi!! I'm so sorry you feel so discouraged. It must be so frustrating to constantly wonder why she keeps coming down with something.
    Hopefully now that you can go to the doc without worrying about expenses, you can find the answers you need. :)

    ReplyDelete