Friday, February 19, 2010

It"s a Girl

Yesterday I went to The Fetal & Women's Center of Arizona and had my first ultrasound. The first thing the Ultrasound Technician asked was if I wanted to know the gender, I responed with an eager YES! It was funny because when she went to put the doppler on my belly, the first thing she noticed was the babies hands up to her face.... she said that was a classic girl thing. It makes sense I still sleep with my hands up to my face. It was most definatley a girl! She looked just like Kenidi, the same profile and everything! She was curled up in a ball, and was not willing to move. The technician kept wiggling my belly to get her to move but she was stubborn. She was very reserved about showing her girl parts and had her foot covering it most of the time. The heart looked healthy as far as I can tell, sometimes it is hard to see what they are seeing though. The technician said she was a big baby, already 2lbs 9oz! I went online to babycenter and found that according to my 26 week gestation the baby should weigh about a pound and two-thirds. I know every baby is different and the reading was not 100% accurate, but I still have to wonder. They asked me if I have Gestational Diabetes, so they could better determine why she was so big, I just had the glucose test the day prior though and I still havn't found out the results. Diabetes does run in my family, my cousin had gestational diabetes with her first, so now I am starting to worry. I guess if I don't hear from my doctor then that is a good sign and there is no need for an alarm. Kenidi is so excited to have a sister to play with:) I went to sams club today and bought matching Easter dresses for next year, I was so excitied when I found the dresses becasue I have a matching dress just like it with pink, brown, and white stripes & come easter of next year the three of us girls will be matching!! Now I have to firgure out how we will spell her name we know we want to name her Britian, but I havn't decided if I want to spell it that way though. We also need to pick a middle name, I am going to start looking in our family history to get some ideas. I am so thrilled that we are having a Girl, we are a balanced family three boys and three girls if you include Harley :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Is her name going to start with a "k" too??

    That is the same place I got all my ultrasounds too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet a little girl.. well you two do make the prettiest little girls. SO happy you are seeing a dr. What does Adam think of another girl in the family? Please give him our best wishes when you talk to him next!

    ReplyDelete