Monday, February 22, 2010

Childhood Memories

Today I went to Barnes & Noble to find a comic book for Adam. I have been pulling random stuff together to create a care package for him. Once I finished making my final selection I went over to the children book section where Kenidi was playing. We were on our way out when a very familiar book caught my eye. It was Amelia Bedilia, written by Peggy Parish. You may be familiar with this story of a hardworking, charming houskeeper who does exactly what the Rogers family asks her to do. When she's told to "draw the drapes," Ameilia Bedilia gets out her pad and pencil. When Mrs. Rogers asks her to "dress the chicken," the family dinner winds up wearing overalls and socks. She always has her own way of following instructions. These books are hilarious!! The instant I saw this book a flood of memories came rushing through my mind, memories that I didn't even know I had. I don't know why but I seem to have a very disinct memory of certain books I read when I was a kid. Shanna and I have been talking a lot lately about our childhood memories, It seems that she remembers so much & I have forgotten a lot. So I was very happy to say that I hold the memory of reading this book close to my heart. I have such a vivid memory of us kids all sitting together while our mom would read to us. I remember laughing at the silly things she would do. I am so excited that I now have the opportunity to create a wonderful memory for my children :-)

1 comment: