Monday, February 22, 2010

All Grown Up

This morning while I was preparing breakfast, Kenidi asks me if we can watch the news. I asked her why she wanted to do something like that? I tried to convince her that cartoons would be more suitable for her. She said "No, I just want to watch the news." I couldn't believe what I was hearing! She told me that she likes watching adult shows! Here I am thinking to myself, what kind of kid would want to watch the news first thing in the morning? I have always know that she is very mature for her age, she is always requesting that she play with kids who are older than her, she usually ends up getting frusterated with the kids her age. I know it is very true, she can definatly express herself to older children and has the ability to share and compromise.

When my mom got home from work I told her the story. She said "We have a future president of the United States." My dad is always telling me that I need to let the kids listen to Rush Limbaugh and watch Glenn Beck so they can be properly informed with what is going on in the world today. One of my biggest fears for putting my kids into the Public School system is knowing that they will be brain washed by Moronic teachers! Which is exactly why kids need to watch the news, and the right kind of news. Yet I still don't feel like Kenidi is ready for that, I don't want to rob her of her childhood, I realize there is a time and a place for everything. For now I think we will stick to Little Bear, and Franklin. We still teach her about the president and what he is doing to this once Free nation, she knows very well that he is not a good guy- infact anytime his name is brought up she say's "We don't like Barack Obama!" She says that he is a bad man! I just love it, I find myself hanging on every moment of the sweet little things she says and does.

2 comments:

  1. I knew there was a reason I loved Kenidi so much! She is such a smart girl. Please give her a hug and kiss for me and tell her Rachel misses her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my granddaughter! She's a jewel, and at 4, she already "gets it." Of course, we are helping her along in that direction, but we do it with faith in God that we are teaching our children and grandchildren true and correct principles, the ones our founding fathers professed and prophets throughout all time have taught! Our future generation is in good hands because of good parents who teach their children to love the Lord and live by his standards.

    ReplyDelete