Thursday, February 4, 2010

Growing Pains

I recently started watching my little nephew Nixen, who is a perfect little angel and the kids really enjoy having him around. It's constantly a fight over who gets to help me with what. Kenidi is really good at entertaining Nixen. She loves to tickle him and sing him sweet little Nursery rhymes and he just loves every bit of attention he can get! Kenidi is gonna be such a good mommy someday, she has always been a very nurturing little girl. I know I can count on her to help me out when the baby comes, not only is it helpful to me but I always notice a boost of self esteem when I give her opportunities to show me how responsible she can be, In fact I notice it in Kaden as well. On the flip side, life has been a bit of a challenge, I feel like as I progress in my pregnancy, and my waistline increases It makes my everyday routines a stress. I am now to the point where it is almost too painful to walk! I have this bruised feeling, and my hips are spreading, and then to make it worse I feel like I have a siatic problem which causes me to feel like my legs are gonna give out on me when I walk around. I am not the only one in the family who has been having these pains, Kenidi has been having them too. She has been complaining that she has an achy body, and she thinks it is becasue she is growing! I have been finding myself giving her a massage every night, when I am in dier need of a massage myself! The sacrifices we make as mothers :) Oh that reminds me of something that she said to me last night. So we were getting ready for bed and she was complaining of a bloated belly. I asked why she felt so bloated. Her response was that she thinks the eggs inside of her belly were growing and that she will be having a baby soon!!! I could not contain myself, she says the funniest things sometime. She has always been very curious about where babies come from, and I decided the best way to describe it was that all girls have eggs inside of them but they don't start to grow until after they are married. I figure for now that is the best way to describe it, afterall it is true. I had to remind her that her eggs wont be growing anytime soon and that a big part of her having a baby is being married first!

1 comment: