Monday, February 8, 2010

Cupcakes with the kids

Tonight for family night we decided to make cupcakes. The kids had such a blast making them! I couldn't believe how laid back I was about the whole process, Kaden was pulling eggs out of the carton, and sticking his hands in the batter, Kenidi kept sneeking licks from the sides of the bowl. They ended up making a pretty big mess!! Kenidi was upset that she got some batter on her shirt (she does not like to get dirty). I found myself telling her that it would be alright and that it's okay to get a little dirty sometimes, besides we can always wash it later. I have been realizing lately that a lot of my stress comes from me getting worked up over petty little things, and as I heard myself saying those words to my daughter I realized that life really isn't all that hard, If you have the right frame of mind! It was so much fun watching the kids figure everything out, My dad and I were having a blast too.... each of us with our camera's in action! We didn't get to put the frosting on the cupakes yet, that will be a project for tomorrow. Kaden sat here for about five minutes trying his hardest to get the package open, he is quite a determined little bugger!











Who knew you could do finger painting with cake batter, I am thinking we will do this again!
After all it is a much easier clean up then actual paint.





















3 comments:

  1. Sounds like we both had a break-through moment on the same day. I knew there would be a mess to clean after letting the girls play in the snow today, but I decided in the grand scheme of things, it's more important that they get to do fun things and just be carefree kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a good time. I need to lighten up!! Maybe this will be the year I can. You both( you and Leesa) are such good examples to me. The kids just keep getting more adorable everytime I see them. How is Adam doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are so cute of the kids making cupcakes and grandma and grandpa's house. Wish I could have there instead of at work :-(. So thankful for cameras!

    ReplyDelete