Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Grandpa's birthday cake

Grandpa is 58!! His birthday was on the 25th but we didn't actually celebrate it until the 27th. I have been taking a Wilton cake decorating class at Michaels and was super excited to start using my new tools and tips. I decided to make Grandpa a carrot cake since he loves cakes that are full of nuts. I am so critical of the things I make and can pick apart every single flaw. If you look closely you can see that the cake was a little bit smashed on the back corner, I had a dumb blonde moment and decided to put my cake decorating kit away and lifted it up and over the cake and smashed right into it!! Luckily we also had strawberry pie. I can't wait to get better at decorating cakes, today we are supposed to learn how to make roses!

3 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful!!

    Good JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! The carrots are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Sherra. I am taking the flower and cake design class starting monday. I made a cake for our relief society b-day party yesterday. Well, I decorated it yesterday. I am going to post it on my blog. I am not perfect at decorating, but it was yummy. I made it from scratch. Mmmm. the best! If you want a good recipe for yellow cake just let me know. I haven't experimented on any other flavors yet. I will post my cake though so you can see it. You are very talented though. Great job. It looks yummy!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete