Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Lords University

Also known as The Lords Temple, that is where we went today! I have been racking my brain with sabbath worthy activities, to do with the kids. Today in our church meetings we talked about Temple attendance, so I thought it would be the perfect place to go. Someone giving a talk today suggested that we take our little ones to the temple often and have them touch the temple walls, the kids were so excited about that! I feel so terrible because I have only gone to do temple work once since I've been out here!! My mom and I set a goal of going to the temple every friday. I always complained about not having a temple close when we lived in wichita. I have no excuses now since the temple is only a ten minute drive. I love the Mesa Temple it reminds me of the Hawaii Temple, with all the palm trees around it. I love the palm trees in the valley. It will be exciting once the phoenix, and I believe the Gilbert Temple is built. I got crazy and took lots of pictures of the blossoms. It feels like spring already! The birds were chirping and the bees were swarming. It was such a beautiful day today. One thing I am super excited about is the Easter Pageant! I believe it starts in March and goes through the month so we will have the opportunity to go while we are here, yipee!!






















2 comments:

  1. Your kids are so cute. Im glad you found me. I did a quick run through on your blog so I can get caught up with everything. You are such an amazing wife for supporting your husband. I wished we lived by each other. Mine travels a lot for his job so Im usually husbandless. Are you having a boy or a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful way to spend a Sunday. Your right the temple there looks very close to Hawaii. Maybe I will have to go there instead. Much cheaper.:) You are such a beautiful example to your kids Sherra.

    ReplyDelete