Saturday, November 28, 2009

Goodbye Kansas

Yesterday was a very bitter sweet day, bitter because we left so many wonderful friends and family and sweet becuase we came back home to The Sunshine State! We lived in kansas for three years and a few months while there I developed a wonderful relationship with my Sister Leesa she truly is a sister to me! I have felt like we have become so close, I love talking to her because she always understands me. It's almost like Iam talking into the mirror, Iam gonna miss her and her sweet little family she has two beautiful little girls, her two children are the same age as mine and they love playing together! Kenidi is sad to leave and will miss her cousins. As the plane took off the kids and I all waved goodbye to kansas .We moved out to Wichita back in August 2006 to start a family Demolition Business, We were a very prosperous company but due to the unstable economy our little business just couldn't survive, I started having this gut feeling that our business was seriously suffering early on. So needless to say, Absolute Demolition is no longer functioning. We started talking about what kind of work Adam would be doing Adam has always dreamed of serving our country and has brought it up several times since we have been married, I always said No way!!! But that was when I was Naive..... after talking about it a little bit more and understanding that it's not as bad as it sounds, I realized that this could be a great once in a lifetime opportunity, So after much prayer and fasting we decided that Adam should Enlist. He became Official goverment Issue on september 14th. I am very excited that he will get the opportunity to further his education and learn some very valuable life lessons. Don't get me wrong, I have many concerns, I think about all the scary stuff that could happen to him, I just have to have faith and know that it's all in Heavenly Fathers hands. He doesn't leave to go to Basic training until the end of January. In the mean time Adam is working for Meis Construction doing Dirt work (the most boring work ever) according to Adam. But in a few weeks he will be out here with us just relaxing and spending quality time with the family! We were planning on coming out to Arizona so that we could spend time with Shanna ( my sister) and her new born baby. The plan Originally was to visit for two weeks and then come back on the 11th of December. Since we knew that we were going to spend Christmas with my family it just didn't make sense to come back to kansas to turn around and go back again 1 week later, I don't know why I didn't think about that earlier, I guess my mind was so preoccupied with the young women and excelleance program, and getting everything ready for Grandma and Grandpa Clement to come stay with us. But I am definately happy that we have a plan now, We knew that we wanted Adam to have some time before he leaves for Basic Training to just enjoy being with family, so it will be nice for him to not have to wake up early every morning to go work for the middle man.

3 comments:

  1. Helloooo way over there in AZ! I miss you already, but I'm happy you're able to be close to your family for a few months again. :) Call me soon! Has Shanna had her baby yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a huge life change! Scary and great all at the same time. I have talked to several people recently whos husbands have enlisted too...

    Where are you living?

    Well... now that you are here you can come visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my beautiful sister! I hope that you guys are having fun there. I miss you and hope I get to see you in March when we go out there to visit. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete