Friday, January 14, 2011

Kenidi's first day of kindergarten

Kenidi had her first day of school on the 11th!! She was so excited when I told her she would finally be starting school, she counted down the days and almost couldn't contain her excitement! She was a little bit shocked at how early she needed to wake up for school. It really isn't all that early but ever since she was a baby she slept in until eight thirty or nine. She was so excited about her new backpack and lunch box and wore it all around the house pretending like she was going camping. She was a bit upset when I picked out her outfit that morning. I didn't have a chance to do the laundry so she was narrowed down to only one pair of jeans. She was a bit emotional that morning and I couldn't figure out why, she had been so excited before...what had changed? Well I later found out that she was not thrilled about the fact that she couldn't have more wardrobe options, this is a very typical thing with her. I will do better from here on out though. I can't believe she is already in school, my little girl is growing up way too fast! She can now count by two's and is reading full sentences, she loves learning and is extremely independent...she knows how to tie her shoes and do her own topsy tails in her hair. It was very sad but the morning she went to school she didn't even look back, it was as if she had moved on to bigger and better things. She came home from school with a grin from ear to ear and informed me that she wants to switch to full day schedule. She has now made four really good friends! The teacher told me that she does great with the class and has been adjusting wonderfully and is a little social butterfly. I wasn't that shocked though because she has always been very friendly, she says hi to people everywhere we go and has even given several pass a long cards to people we have met! I love this school... it is not like public school, it is a montessori school and they have a ton of hands on activities, they teach so many wonderful skills that are not taught in public schools. Kenidi's teachers are Mrs. Rachel and Mrs. Tina and both have many years of experience teaching in public as well as in charter schools. I am so excited for my little girl!







2 comments:

  1. Ok Now I really feel old! lol They grow up so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! School is the greatest-- so bittersweet though!

    I am so confused... Are you in AZ??

    ReplyDelete