Thursday, January 28, 2010

The moment we have been waiting for

Adam is gone :( I knew this day would come but it is still so hard to say goodbye! He left at five yesterday morning. My Dad gave him a blessing just before his recruiter picked him up, and then we had a family prayer. Kenidi came in the room at eight and looked in the bed for daddy, she saw that he was gone, and the tears just started to roll! Adam wrote the kids and I a letter. He told me to keep the letter in the kids room and to read it to them often, so I read the letter to them. Unfortunately the letter didn't help one bit, Kenidi started crying even more! Adam ended up calling me a few hours later needing some information for his security clearance, apparently it was a very long process, since the processing took so long he was unable to fly out. He called me later that evening and said that he would be staying at the Sheraton, and that we could come see him. I told the kids that we would be able to see daddy again, and boy let me tell ya they were excited! He was staying clear out in northern Phoenix, so it took us a good 35 min to get there. We picked Adam up and went to fudruckers, to get some ice cream and then we went back to his hotel to play racket ball. Adam couldn't stay out all night though, his cerfew was 10 and so we decided to leave a little past nine. It just broke my heart when I had to say to the kids that it was time to leave! Today is the day for Adam to go to South Carolina as of right now he is at the Airport waiting for the flight to board. He has a layover in Atlanta for one hour, and will be getting to Fort Jackson about nine tonight (seven our time) since eastern standard time is two hours ahead of us. I can't wait to see him again, it is going to be hard not having him around.

2 comments:

  1. It's the beginning of your new chapter!! You can do this, strong girl. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherra I am so proud of you and Adam doing something that must be so hard and yet something that brings such honor to Adam. I am so grateful for men like him willing to put it all on the line for family and country. You are both amazing people and parents. We will keep you both close to our hearts till we see you again. Be strong. Like Leesa said, "YOU can do this!"

    Hugs
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete