Friday, January 22, 2010

5 1/2 months prego


I am now 22 weeks and two days pregnant. I still have not gone to the doctor! I know some would say that is pretty scary. I am not too worried though, I dont feel like anything is wrong. I am very good about taking my vitamins 2 fish oil, 2 calcium, and 2 prenatals a day.... these are not just any kind of vitamins they are Melaluca Vitamins I have tested them to see how long they take to dissolve, that is a sure way to see if you have a good vitamin. I drink one gallon of water a day, I buy the distilled nursery water and drink strait from the bottle, that way I know exactly how much I need to drink in a day. I know some people would say that Iam crazy for not going to the doc yet. That would be true if it were my first pregnancy, but since this is my third, things are a little bit different. After all when you think about it what does the doctor do anyway, the only memory I have of the doctor was sitting in the waiting room for 30-40 min only to be seen for about 10 min and then time to reschedule for the next appointment. They would do the routine blood pressure check, measure your belly, listen to the heartbeat, and then see if you have any questions or concerns. If there was something seriously wrong with the baby what could they do to prevent it anyway? Women did it back in the day, and had to deliver without the help of a doctor, don't worry I am not going to take it to that extreme, I am very thankful I didn't live back then and Iam definately all for the drugs! Don't get me wrong I think doctors are great and they are extreemly helpful in many ways, maybe I am just bitter because I have had such a terrible experience with my obgyn in the past. Well we are very excited to find out the gender, we already have a boy and a girl so I thought about possibly not finding out the sex of the baby, but with adam going into the military and everything being all crazy I didn't want to have any surprises. We have plenty boy and girl clothes but not for the right time of year, since kenidi was born in October, and kaden was born in Janruary we have warm clothing for both, I just dont know if that is going to work with our baby coming at the end of May and not only that but with very humid weather conditions... I've never been to Virgina, but I have heard the summers are warm and humid!





4 comments:

  1. Wow, when you left for AZ, you were barely showing at all! I guess with each baby it's easier to show faster.
    You look super cute! Love your new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your hair! Super cute cut!

    I do have to agree with the whole doctor thing... they really do just test your urine, blood pressure and measure you... Are you planning on going to one eventually though?? I have a really great lady I go to if you want her name....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so cute... but have you checked for twins? I know you are so good about taking care of yourself but don't wait to long. We miss you guys we didn't even get to say goodbye. Hope your happy out there and look forward to hearing how your all doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherra! Just wanted to say hi! You look super cute!!! Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete