Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reflection

Today In fast and testimony meeting I was sitting there and pondering on all of the wonderful testimonies, there was one testimony in particular that stood out in my mind.... the person was saying how every year at this time she will reflect on where she is now as compared to the year before. I sat there thinking to myself, where I am now and if I am a better person than I was the last year. I would have to honestly say that I have regressed in some ways, there are definately areas that I have improved on, but I feel like I have taken several steps back. We have been learning a lot lately about service, and all I feel is guilt. I have been having this nagging feeling a lot lately that there is so much I should be doing to serve heavenly fathers children. I know that we live in a day of luxury, and selfishness. I find myself at times taking for granted all the luxuries that I have! I keep pondering on the talk given by president Thomas S Monson and his birthday wish for members of the church to seek for opportunities of service. As I sat there watching him speak and seeing the video of all the cards that were sent to him, I was filled with joy. All the different examples of service given even the very small and simple acts of service. I think the reason I was so filled with joy was beacuse I know how it feels when someone is of service to me, and that same feeling I get is felt by our heavenly father when his children are showing the kind of love that our savior has shown for us in so many ways. Sister Traasdahl, gave a wonderful lesson today in Relief Society about service and at the very end of the lesson she showed a short video clip of families and children that were homeless, and the rough conditions that they live in. As I sat there watching the video I thought we are all heavenly fathers children just like the scripture says. Heavenly Father is no respector of persons, meaning he doesn't value one person over the other bacause someone may be smarter or may make more money, he loves us all the same!! To put it into perspective I think the best way I can understand that love he has for us, is to remember my own love for my children, when I had my first child and then found out we were going to be having another one I thought how on earth am I gonna love this child as much as I love my first? I do love them the same though, my love for them is equal. Having this knowledge helps me to understand how Heavenly Father does truly love unconditionally. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment