Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas is here????

I can't believe that it's already christmas eve!! I feel like it has totally crept up on me, I know I always say that, but it really has this year! Well I can only imagine why, I think my mind has been other places, with moving out here and trying to sell our home. I think another reason why it just doesn't feel like christmas is becasue it's so warm here!! I always imagine cool weather this time of year. It was very different coming from Kansas to Arizona, I felt like I was in some tropical land, I went from cold weather with barren trees to this green warm place! I still can't get over it. Every morning I look out the window as I eat my breakfast and see these grapefruits and oranges growing on the trees, dont get me wrong I am not complaining I love the warm weather I grew up with it. Well I finally got all of my shopping done...Yipeee!! Tongiht will be fun we have a tradition in our family. Every christmas eve my mom makes clam chowder, but since I married Adam who most definatley does not like clams (and is deathly allergic to them) My mother now makes both clam and chicken chowder. I remember eating that and having family and friends over, we would all sit around the fire while my mom read christmas stories to us. This year we will be having dinner over here and then we are going to have some fun with Mark's Family ( my brother in law). Every year his family gets together they have all of their grandkids dress up and do the reinactment of the first christmas, this year baby Jesus will be Shanna's son Nixen. After that I think we will drive around and look at all the creative christmas lights. It should be fun!!

1 comment: